Thursday, December 8, 2011

Some Holiday Awesome-ness

It's The Little Things
I get the most satisfaction from the smallest of things. I don't know why that is! People often remark, "Doesn't take much to make you happy, does it?"

Well, the blog 1000 Awesome Things, by Neil Pasricha (author of The Book of Awesome) is full of nothing but life's little under-rated pleasures. I love it! He also has a new book on holiday awesome-ness. Speaking of the holidays . . . 


The Holidays
The holidays can be depressing for more people than you know. Personally, the holidays stress me out. Sometimes I think my kids are what keeps me from boycotting Christmas altogether. So this year I'm focusing on the season's tiny pleasures. 


Some Holiday Awesome-ness
source
  • Getting a card from someone you lost touch with
  • Plugging in your lights from last year and having them all work
  • When that kid crying in the mall isn't your kid
  • That moment near the holidays when there's suddenly cookies, chocolate and candy everywhere
  • When your neighbor shovels your little patch of sidewalk
  • Successfully regifting a present to someone who actually wants it
  • Just barely wrapping a gift with that tiny scrap of leftover wrapping paper
  • Knowing Kwanzaa is worth more Scrabble points than Hanukkah or Christmas 
  • When the gift receipt is already in the box

Your turn!
What "makes your day" this time of year? Join the conversation and add to the list! I'll go first...